The “Endangered Wavs” Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by Surfing Magazine. The Sweepstakes begins August 20, 2007 and ends October 1, 2007 at 11:59p.m. (Pacific Time).
1. ELIGIBILITY: Open only to legal residents of United States (void in Puerto Rico), 13 years of age or older, except to employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives, and the immediate family members of Sponsors, their parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion agencies and promotion partners. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
2. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY: You can enter this Sweepstakes via the Internet. Use your computer to access the Sweepstakes web page at http://www.surfingthemag.com/endangered-waves/enter-win/index.html Completely fill out information requested on the Entry Form (“Entry Form”) and then transmit the Entry Form by clicking the “Submit” button. There is a limit of one entry per person. To be eligible, all Internet entries for Sweepstakes must be received by October 1, 2007 at 11:59p.m. (Pacific Time)., the Sweepstakes Expiration Date. Multiple entries are ineligible. Entries that are late (including delayed data transmissions), forged, illegible, mutilated, incomplete, misdirected, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules will be disqualified.
3. SELECTION OF WINNER: Winner will be selected by random drawing from all eligible entries on/about the last day of every month, by Sponsors, whose decisions are final in all respects. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Winner will be notified by phone on/about July 23, 2008. If a potential winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been exerted during three (3) business days from the date of the Sweepstakes drawing, or if he/she is found to be ineligible, or if he/she cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules, an alternate winner may be selected.
4. PRIZES: PRIZE: Winners will receive footwear from vans and a subscription and a calendar from SURFING Magazine
No cash or prize substitution is allowed except at the discretion of the Sponsors. If a prize cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond the control of the Sponsors, a substitute prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. Prize is not transferable.
5. CONDITIONS: By entering, participants agree to be bound by these complete Official Rules. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. All applicable federal, state and local taxes are the responsibility of the prize winner(s). Sponsors, their officers, directors, parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies, and promotion partners (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”) are not responsible for, (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, stolen, postage due or illegible entries; (ii) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, or usage of the prize; or (iii) printing, distribution or production errors. Return of prize or prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. Entry and/or acceptance of prize(s) constitutes permission for the Sponsors and their agencies to use the winner’s name, address (city and state) and/or likeness for advertising and trade purposes without further compensation or authorization, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known and hereafter devised, including without limitation Internet, unless prohibited by law. The potential Grand Prize winner (parent/legal guardian if Grand Prize winner is a minor) must complete, sign, have notarized and return an Affidavit of Eligibility & Liability / Publicity Release before claiming prize. Failure to do so will result in disqualification of the winner, and an alternate winner will be selected. Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with this Sweepstakes will be ineligible for prizes and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as originally planned, such as tampering or infection by computer virus, Sponsors at their sole discretion reserve the right to modify, suspend or cancel the Sweepstakes. Void where prohibited.
6. DISCLAIMERS: Sponsors and Sweepstakes Entities are not liable for losses or injuries of any kind resulting from acceptance/possession and/or use/misuse of prize(s), participation in Sweepstakes, or any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer Internet system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or any combination thereof, or any entries that are late (including delayed data transmissions), tampered with, garbled, incomplete, misdirected, lost, forged, illegible, mutilated, mechanically duplicated, mass machine printed, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules. Sponsors are not responsible or liable for any injury or damage to an entrant’s or third person’s computer and/or its contents, related to or resulting from Sweepstakes.
7. COPY OF OFFICIAL RULES/WINNERS LIST: For a copy of the Official Rules or a winner’s list (please specify), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to The “Endangered Waves” Sweepstakes, 950 Calle Amanecer, Suite C, san Clemente, CA, 92673. VT residents need not include return postage.