Is This You?

posted by / News / September 27, 2011

By Jen Sirchuk

Carly and Jen, SURFING’s dearly departed summer interns, earning that course credit. Photo: Taras

Dear the next me,

I’m SURFING’s current intern. We are looking for you. Sadly the time has come and my internship is over. And although I see it unfeasible, someone must fill my shoes. It seems daunting but I promise, it is possible to become an intern at SURFING Magazine. The first step is making a résumé and sending it over. Show these guys what you got so they know you’re the one for the job. And don’t “To Whom it May Concern” that shit. Be real. You are also required to love surfing and be eligible to get college credit.

Your job as an intern will include, but is not limited to, the following duties:

· Conducting interviews

· Transcribing interviews

· Research

· Writing

· Attending events

· Drinking

· Organizing the office

Don’t worry though, you won’t have to get coffee. It’s already made.

Sincerely,
The old you

We’re obligated to clarify that “drinking” is not officially an intern duty. Otherwise, yeah, what she said. Interested/interesting college students, please send your stuff to taylor (at) surfingmagazine.com. We have openings for editorial, marketing, and art direction interns. Please don’t be shitty to work with. —SURFING

• No Related Posts

8 Responses to “Is This You?”

1. killyridols says:

you guys have interns conduct and transcribe your interviews? isn’t that what journalists are supposed to do?

2. yarrr says:

- Wear these denim short shorts. (Failure to do so will result in immediate dismissal).

3. jorts says:

how many days a week? is it only for fall?

4. courtney says:

uhhhmmmm………….

5. Morgan-Taylor C. Miller says:

Wow, I am so stoked to have accidentally come across this webpage. I recently e-mailed SURF magazine asking about internship opportunities. They replied, and I am waiting to speak with my college adviser after winter break. Please contact me with more information on how to apply for this internship. You want someone true, well this is my dream. I have a true passion for surfing (though i’m not fantastic) but I do it for the beauty and spirituality. I have dreamed of this since I was a child. I’d love to hear back on how I could possibly better my chances on making this come true. Please contact me with further information.

Sincerely,
    Morgan-Taylor Channing Miller (Yes, I have two first names!)

6. Jac Smith says:

I would love to do this, but do I have to be a current college student?

7. Cassandra D'Alessandro says:

Hello! I am interested in your internship! I am wondering if I could have some more general information about it i.e. When it starts? Does it pay? etc.
    Thank you for you time.
    Have a great day,
    -Cass

8. John Vincent says:

Very Interested in your internship as well. Is there any more general information on how to apply and who to contact?
    -Thanks