In between email binges and searching through tens of thousands of photos until my head starts to spin, I’ll break up the day with browsing the interweb for cool shit. It’s something I think anyone who works in an office 8 hours per day needs to do to stay sane.
One thing that sucks for us though is the failing of all the best blogs.
- The once-great postsurf.com died
- nugable.com filled the void for a while then disappeared
- The epic sticksandstoneslove.com only lived a few short months
- superspectacularadventures.com had a good run but eventually burned out
- insurfnews.com peaced out
- dooasrumours.com was destined to fail due to Damien being friends with the people he was posting about
- The Hobgoods’ blog fizzled down to basically nothing
So I figured it’s time to regroup our bookmarks and get down with who’s still doing shit online these days.
- jordysmith.com (marinelayerproductions horizontally has been consistently slamming up vids and pics for the world to see during surfing’s version of the offseason)
- youngwisetails.com (These Coffin brothers are on their game right now. They’re motivated, interesting, and most importantly ripping the shit out of waves everywhere while documenting it all)
- followthefish.tv (One of my personal favorite humans. Fish doesn’t post daily or sometimes even weekly but it’s worth checking from time to time cause when he does put something up, it’s quality web material. His three part series “Fish Makes Mistakes” is one of the all-time legendary stories ever told.)
- tajburrow.com (A surprisingly active blogger. Not always great posts but for people who are Taj fans, and really who isn’t, it’s a nice check.)
- marinelayerproductions.com (Although less frequent, still great. I doubt anyone forgot about this site.)
- lostatlasmovie.com (An insiders preview of what you’ll be replaying dozens of times once Kai Neville makes his next amazing film)
- pinchmysalt.tv (Sterling is a strange dude and most stuff is just filler but anyone who watched that Jeremy Flores rip job knows the potential he holds.)
Others that still are active, actually post some kind of content and are worth checking if you feel like it or are bored:
Anyone who has good sites or new sites to add can post in the comments. I’m sure office dudes around the world would be appreciative. —Jimmicane
Jimmicane is SURFING’s Associate Photo Editor, occasional contributor, an intimidating expert on all things surf-related, and a Jacksonville Jaguars fan. Follow him on Twitter @jimmicane.