Gallery: A Very Hawaiian February

posted by / Photos / February 18, 2011

Photos by Tom Carey

Bruce Irons, in grave danger of flying away.

Bruce Irons, in grave danger of flying away.

Even when it doesn’t happen during the Triple Crown, it still happens.

Even when it doesn’t happen during the Triple Crown, it still happens.

Danny Fuller and the Banzai Pipeline. Simply classic.

Danny Fuller and the Banzai Pipeline. Simply classic.

Fisher Heverly getting progressive at Pipe.

Fisher Heverly getting progressive at Pipe.

Jeremy Flores is the Backdoor Master.

Jeremy Flores is the Backdoor Master.

Bless you. Kelly Slater gets sneezed on.

Bless you. Kelly Slater gets sneezed on.

Mike Gleason is going to come out of this one. You can tell by his arms.

Mike Gleason is going to come out of this one. You can tell by his arms.

From this angle, it looks like Nick VonRupp is a Nike 0’9 rider.

From this angle, it looks like Nick VonRupp is a Nike 0’9 rider.

You can almost see Reef McIntosh’s house from here.

You can almost see Reef McIntosh’s house from here.

The guy in the foreground does not slow for accidents. TJ Barron gets wrecked.

The guy in the foreground does not slow for accidents. TJ Barron gets wrecked.

Tags: , ,

11 Responses to “Gallery: A Very Hawaiian February”

1. Mik says:

My all time favorite surfer is/was Andy Irons.

With his loss, I have been watching and thinking: who can replace him, for me???

I respect so many great, talented surfers, but who sits on the crown in the kingdom of MY mind now?

Recently, I was watching allot of videos, and concluded the obvious:

There is no better surfer in the world than Bruce Irons.

That statement includes everyone, and the above image of Bruce boosting that massive air cements my claim. Fuck yeah!!!

The King is dead…

Long Live the King!

2. Mik says:

BTW: To Bruce:

Dedication to Andy:

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club: “Mercy”…

So impressed with your sober comments at the Surfer Poll awards…
    In you the flame burns brightly on.

—MIk

3. dude says:

Sick photos lame captions.

4. POLYNESIAN PARALYSIS says:

Shouldn’t you credit your hard working photographers? One of the elementary rules of publishing….

5. Tre says:

To Polynesian Princess,

I see you incessant whining and complaining on every single post. Shut the fuck up. You’re a very negative unproductive cunt. If you don’t like the content, fuck off.

Thank you.

Tre

6. POLYNESIAN PARALYSIS says:

To Tre,

Thank you.

7. Mik says:

Ya… And thanks for the killer images, whomever the photogs were… Obviously, kinda got to me last night.

8. jimmicanes replacement says:

I agree with dude about the captions. Im going to take jimmicanes job soon, if he doesn’t do something worth his $1500 a month pay check…I want his job so i can write good captions and take below average images from the beach.

9. nelly says:

toms photos have always been sick….Amazing fisheye stuff…He’s the man!

10. nelly says:

Nate dawgs (Lawrence) shit is insane too!!!

11. What a joke says:

Nothing like surf photographers licking each others balls. Now that is really cool.