Last Ride | Subject Africa

posted by / Video / January 5, 2010

last-ride-taylor-scott-dunfee

Artwork: Taylor Scott Dunfee

Subject: Africa

Yeah, it sure would suck to all load up in a rad 4WD Land Cruiser thing with 10 boards strapped to the roof, in a country that has chicken-and-mushroom pies, mountains of cheap beer, small towns where no one speaks English, strange pubs, rugby, empty skylines as far as you’d care to venture, fear, the satisfaction of conquering that fear, climate zones, a peculiar thirst for Brandy, 200 proof liquor with f—king barbed wire on it, little traveling Swiss birds who wanna meet you, Euro-style discothèques, bribery, road beer acceptance, sessions that require a 4/3 the day after you got a tip rash while trunking it in your Phantoms, mountains, rivers, wine country, trains, tribal warfare (with spears), lunar sand dunes, flat tires, tube stations, pointbreaks of every persuasion, an amazingly developed shark-spotter system, jungles, slabs with no names and no takers, crystal blue water, the metric system, pub golf (I’ll explain this in another e-mail), and best of all…no rules. Your best f—king friend in the world has been out here scouting. There’s no visa required for three months and it’s cheap as chips on the dollar. Reply soon and let me know if you’re in. — Casey Severson

For more on Taylor Scott Dunfee check out, http://www.tsdphoto.com/

Tags: , , , ,

11 Responses to “Last Ride | Subject Africa”

1. Matt Fisher says:

what the fark did that have to do with surfing?

2. Jaime G. says:

That was great! I mean, that was a GREAT ad for taylordunfee.com. Next time I’m in the market for topographically-inspired, Sharpie-art feat.exaggerated facial features, I’ll head right over there.

So is that the deal: establish yourself as “Mavs Charger,” secure plug for sibling’s website? If so, see you in Half Moon Bay (my bro cooks up WICKED macrame wall hangings).

3. STUPID says:

My sister makes oragami.

4. Ryan James says:

That Casey Severson guy is a really f*7^% barnyard kook, but I love him.

5. biz niz says:

the video has as much to do with surfing as the “music reviews” or “sandal buyers guides”
    It was a cool video to watch and waste 2 minutes of my life on. Hey, if you think a guy making art on a map is so unoriginal than you should have thought of it first. Go be bitter because nobody asked your ass to contribute to a magazine.

6. Jaime G says:

Dude, I DID think of it first. Check out my series, “Crying Balding Drunks (Over Togo)” at http://www.artistswhodrawonmaps.com.

Kidding of course, but topographically-inspired art – in a variety of mediums – has been a mainstay of post-modernism since German-born Gunther Van Flocke’s first exhibition at Gstaad in the 1950′s.

And as for the music reviews, you’re right, they have nothing to do with surfing and, in the instance of this rag, so poorly written I wish they’d go away.

7. I think my brother is doing something similar. I wish luck to you.

8. Hey I just wanted to let you know, I actually like the written material on your website. But I am employing Chromium on a machine running version 8.x of Ubuntu and the look and feel aren’t quite proper. Not a big deal, I can still fundamentally read the articles and look for for information, but just wanted to inform you about that. The navigation bar is kind of hard to apply with the config I’m running. Keep up the good work!

9. Andrew Laswell says:

Appears like xbox enthusiasts here, I am a fan too and enjoy to play games… my girl says I play too much, but man it’s so pleasant. I’ve been playing forza and modern warfare 2 for half a year and can’t quit! What would you fellow gamers recommend? At any rate, looks like a nice site, is this wordpress? I’ve made a couple pages myself and it’s not easy. Thanks for taking time to writing this up.

10. There is clearly a great deal to know about this. I believe you made some great points in Characteristics also.
    Keep operating , wonderful job!